QSC Online Education
Quality Service Contractors (QSC) now offers a full suite of DeVry University online education options to QSC members. To see a list of classes and course descriptions that are available from December 4, 2019 through March 21, 2020 click here.
QSC DeVryWORKS Effective Communication Webinar from Quality Service Contractors on Vimeo.
The “Are People Listening? Enhance Outcomes Through Effective Communication” webinar focuses on what a difference effective written and verbal communication makes in the workplace and how practical exercises will make you a better listener.
Key topics include:
- Why strong communication skills matter in business
- How good communication enhances day-to-day interactions with colleagues and clients
- How the quality of communication can have an impact on your organization.
DeVryWORKS modules cover today’s most important business topics, such as leadership, marketing, communications, business acumen, customer service and recruiting and onboarding sessions. “We look forward to providing these new education programs as an additional member benefit to QSC Members,” said QSC Chair Jeff Heger. “The soft skills tips technicians will learn, for instance, will help them know how to effectively deal with customers on a daily basis, whether it’s explaining a technical issue in an understandable way, or presenting upgrade options that result in sales and added profitability.”
DeVryWORKS Skills Gap Training programs add to an arsenal of education and training resources that are available to QSC members. All modules are offered online, in either an instructor supported or self-paced format, enabling members to participate at their own pace. QSC Members will have access to a specific number of four modules per quarter.
Sessions are structured as follows:
ModULearn Academic classes
- Audience: Mid-level career through manager.
- Modality: Asynchronous e-learning with DeVry University faculty support
- Access: Upon registration, you will receive access to your online training in the next available instructor-supported section, which typically begins on the second Monday of every month. You will have access to the course material and instructor support for the first 30 days following enrollment. To receive your certificate of completion, you will need to complete the course content successfully during the instructor supported period. Following the instructor support, you will have self-directed access to the content for 11 months.
- Time to Complete: 5 – 12 hours depending on the course specifics.
- System Requirements: Internet and audio enabled PC, laptop, or device.
- Certificate of Completion: Participants who successfully complete the modules will receive a certificate of completion.
- College Credit: DeVry University college credit may be earned for the applicable course by successfully completing all 7 modules in a designated learning pathway and a completion exam.
- Audience: Entry level, front-line employees through manager
- Modality: Asynchronous e-learning
- Access: Upon registration, you will receive access to your online training via email within 1 business day. You will have access to the material for 12 months from the point of enrollment.
- Time to Complete: Between 30 – 60 minutes per module
- System Requirements: Internet and audio enabled PC, laptop, or device
- Certificate of Completion: Participants who successfully complete the module will receive a certificate of completion and digital badge
- College Credit: No. These various education topics align with QSC members’ most pressing training needs. Business owners need help training their employees on customer service, communication, upselling…a lot of needs for soft skills expertise that these new training programs can help provide.
DeVry University’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. Founded in 1931, the university offers undergraduate and graduate programs onsite and online within its six areas of study: Accounting, Business, Healthcare, Technology, Liberal Arts, and Media Arts & Technology.